NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Mark and I live in the Tampa Bay area. I have been a car enthusiest for years. I have a private collection of vintage/classic cars. Last week, I decided to download my fleet and put one on Craigslist for sale. She was an all original 1977 Jennifer Blue Cadillad Coupe De Ville. I got a few hits on her but one hit really took me by surprise. I recieved a text from a fellow in a few countys north of here asking if I would possibly be interested in trading my Cadillac for a 1999 New Beetle. We made arrangements to meet and he fell in love with my car, I, however, did NOT have the same appreciation......(YET!)His Beetle was in good shape, but the interior felt like someone had sprayed 3M rubber cement all over everything plastic, and the a/c was out. In Florida, A/C is a must have! After much "himhawing" around, I shook hands and traded. Boy am I glad I did. I am looking forward to chatting with a few of your folks and getting to know my way around my new toy. My hat is off in appreciation to the wealth of knowledge you folks have and the courtesy of offering your advice. Now everyone, TAKE A BOW!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

Hopefully, the AC just needs a recharge. I am glad you discovered how much fun these little, round cars are. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
Hi there Mark:wave2:

Glad to see another Floridian join the collective. Jacksonville here:yaya:

Great story man. These bugs are pretty cool yeah? Glad you're here for the adventure. Please post pics of your gem. And I hope you get the A/C resolved soon- The heat has been brutal:eek:

I hope you keep posting and remain a frequent member here. The central FL area has a good amount of org veterans around, and we're always looking to cook up a get together (GtG). BTW, there's a St. Augustine GtG in September... you should come:bigthumb:

Again, welcome:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts