NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that electrical and I are not good friends at all so I may seem dumb while talking about this.

I have done some testing due to a p0341 code and between the pcm and the cam sensor connector I am getting .6 ohms on each wire. However, when testing I am also getting continuity between the different wires to the cam sensor. Does this mean I have a short somewhere?

I will test each wire and post pics of my multi-meter readings in a few showing what results I get.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Have you verified the timing is correct? If so, how did you set the engine to TDC when you checked? Hint, if you say "the crank pulley", then you are doing it wrong. If you said the mark on the flywheel/flex plate at the trans, good man.

With ignition on, unplug the Cam Position Sensor (G40) and check for voltage across terminals 1 and 3 of the wiring harness. What is the reading?

Also note that terminal 1 and 3 for the G40 are also wired up to other items in the engine bay... throttle body, coolant temp sensor, crank speed sensor and knock sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did the timing belt I did lined up the cam sprocket as well as the flywheel and the crank pulley. They all line up.

When testing pin 1 & 3 I get 2.45 volts.

As far as testing the wiring I have .6ohms on each wire but it appears that I have continuity between the 3 wires on the cam circuit. It was way cold yesterday so I didnt get pics of what I am talking about but I am actually headed out today to do exactly that.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Carpart.com, search by distance.
You will have to disclose the year and make, there are plenty out there. Not really a common failure on these cars.:)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts