NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new alum radiator from ECS TUNING yesterday.
Its a freaking work of art.
Ill try and take pics of it, in different angles, so ya'all can truly appreciate its beauty and workmanship.

Be a while til Ill be able to perform the install tho.

Ill be in touch. Lol...

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ecs homemade house brand I think.
Looks custom as hell.

Im in love. Lol

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Huh, interesting; we have had some upgrade their New Beetle's with the Golf version of the all aluminum Mishimoto radiator. It took some modifications but they got it to work; they noticed some temp reduction as well.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I wasnt looking, or need temp reductions, I saw it advertised, and, had to have it. 20% more capacity. Direct bolt in.
Gnarly azz welding. Looks freakin saweeeet.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Ive already received it, yesterday.
My son came over and unpackaged it for me, and we both drooled over it in the garage.
I wouldve taken pics then, but it was over 100 degrees and humid as hell.
Plus I wasnt even spozed to be out there. *(spozed to be in chair, leg up, healing. Lol....). But I couldnt wait. I hadta see it.

Ill try n sneak out tuesday and snap some pics.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just visited the ECS website.
The radiator tgat I just paid $219. for, price has just dropped to $187.
Guess I coulda waited for sale price.

As many thousands of dollars Ive spent there. Wtf?

Venting. Sorry.

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Call them and ask for a price adjustment; I recently, called them about a discount, that kept coming up on online ads but wouldn't work, when ordering, called them after it came in the mail. They made it right, for me; all they can say is no, worth a shot. I think, they a discretionary discounts they can do; contacting them, is worth a try. Let us know; how it goes, thanks.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Called. Three times. Was on a waiting list of 15+ people every time. Hung up.
Emailed them. Texted them.
No response. Go figure.

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Ugh, yeah, the COVID stuff, maybe, caused a reduction in staff; I was able to get them on the phone, on a Saturday but had to call them monday, as the "manager" wasn't there and couldn't "approve" the discount. Demand might be higher these days with everyone working on their projects?

Do you have the eRWin service manuals; for your Beetle, yet? At $36, I think, it is a great bang for your buck; there are no paper service manauls available, as Bentley lost the publishing contract with VW. I do believe Mitchell1 and OnDemand; have them but you have to pay for a subscription, eRWin would be a one time cost. The eRWin service manuals; are good, geared towards the service tech and cut through the fluff, I found them to be excellent. As far as I know, they are really; VW is the only real source, of service manual information available at this time; the typical online pro shop manual providers, are just sharing their manuals under license.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished corresponding with ecs. They are giving me the price difference. Sweet.
All this hatin goin on, for nuthin. Lol.....

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Good! As dysfunctional as they are; they did make it right for me and gave me a price adjustment! I'm glad you gave it a shot; you had nothing to lose and in this case, SCORED! Good work! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts