NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had a heat wave at 45 degrees and I decided since it will be nice for the next few days to wash and wax the Beetle. I have never detailed a Bug ad have done numerous makes an model through out my detailing Summers and can say that it's the quickest car I've ever encountered as far as the lines go, because there are so few and well I was done in an hour, a record for me considering it had caked up sand in the wheel wells and it's Candy White. I know most ppl just use the automated car wash centers but even in the Winter so I don't freeze my pipes at home I go to the "do it yourself " car wash w/ a bucket and a jug of warm water, well I'm not going into details as I may have already bored you but I wanted to share my experience as a new Beetle owner...loving it more every day I have it ..can't wait for Summer :D

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
That is certainly another perk of the beetle.. easy clean up!
I like to keep a california duster in my trunk to swipe off the pollen or dust.:D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I guess I'm just slow but I still enjoy washing her (except for the rims, those are just a plain old pita).

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an FYI to those using the California Duster that in time the paint will become dull and a polish not a wax will be needed to restore it. Learned detailing from one of the best and little thing like that make a big difference long term and I seeing most like to keep their cars for a long which is a great thing :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts