NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't quit watching the news. It's like I'm gonna miss something if I turn it off. With Rita coming, New Orleans flooding, Texas evacuating.....it's like a disease! I just can't stop watching--it's really strange.

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
I've been the same way, and I'm NOT a news-watcher. I don't get involved in politics, current events, etc. very much -- but this whole thing has had me pretty captivated.

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
I hate the news, I avoid reading news coverage on Katrina or Rita. Anything I get about the storms I read on noaa.gov, or the weather channel. Which is strictly for status updates and my own weather tracking interest.

I am tired of the politics and commentary from news outlets discussing weather.

I was captivated by the JetBlue airlines landing the other day, even though I wanted to knock out all the Reporters covering the story...so annoying.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
VW2.0Driver said:
Anything I get about the storms I read on noaa.gov

QUOTE]

NOAA is really cool. Alot of the time when I go out to Port Jeff to hang out on the dock there is a NOAA research vessel there and one time I got brave and I asked if I could have a little tour and they said sure! It was cool to see all the stuff they had on board. I couldnt tell ya what it all was but it was cool to see nonetheless!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'm stuck watching just because it's so close.

I'm interseted in how New Orleans is gonna get it's second cleansing. And I've got alot of friends and family spread between Corpus Christi and Galveston.

The sheer size & classifications is scary; cat 5 is nothing to mock.

I grew up in FL; hurricanes aren't that big of a deal to me... They've taught me how puny tornados are; but they don't seem to make me scared or anything. But these are BIG hurricanes... friggin' crazy.
noR

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
My wife calls me a respository of useless knowledge. I am a bit of an information hound.

Be it general news, politics, weather, whatever. My RSS reader has 153 different feeds, and I generally get through 90% of them in a day.

Though, I do tend to avoid television news. Just too biased towards the sensational. I just don't need to see 100 versions of the same story on the latest missing white woman or whatever the obsession of the day is. Either give me the quick and dirty lowdown or real information. If it is interesting I can dig in to it further.

·
Atoooo Washhh!
81 Posts
It is a good thing that we have no tv at our location. I'm sick of the hurricanes. Maybe it has to do with loosing our house with Katrina.

I hope Texas turns out better than what Katrina did. I would be worried if I lived in that area, mainly after seeing the coast where I live and what Katrina did!

·
Old Dog
30 Posts
I find that turning off the sound helps. The pictures and verbage often are conflicting. It's a shame that the journalists have to put a political slant on everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts