VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm a fairly new beetle owner and I have found that my headlights aren't very bright at all! They're both working fine and look normal from the outside but just aren't bright enough when I'm driving. They're fine when on high beam but dipped beam is not good at all. Are there any modifications I can do to make them better for nighttime driving?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
114 Posts
My best guess would be they arent aimed right. I aimed mine using the adjusters in there long ago and it helped significantly. Its been too long for me to give specific directions but its an idea to look for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My best guess would be they arent aimed right. I aimed mine using the adjusters in there long ago and it helped significantly. Its been too long for me to give specific directions but its an idea to look for.

I have adjusted them now and they really do make a difference :) I had no idea that I had adjusters haha. Thank you!

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
114 Posts
Yay! Glad to have helped.

I would go buy a used bentley manual somewhere. They do leave some things to be desired, but its a definite good resource for a first look when things dont appear right. ..that and the forums of course. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replace the dip beam H1 bulbs with Osram Night breakers. Also polish any oxidation off the plastic headlight covers with a good quality chrome polish like Solvol-Autosol.
Big improvement !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts