NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1417.JPG

Hey the new hood emblem showed up today, I think it's the only part on the car that's flawless . :D

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Nice! I love the euro emblems :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Just as an FYI you may want to look into some sort of protectant (such as an enamel clearcoat or such) as these badges WILL delaminate and look pretty nasty after a few years. Trust me on this, I had them on three NBs and they all came apart. :(

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
Do the blue/white last any longer then the USA chrome/black ones? I live in the desert and the badges get toasted quickly; they peel like crazy. I was hoping the blue/white would be made of something that would last; the blue/white emblem on my engine cover looks like it is pretty tough and it doesn't seem to have the clear covering that the original ones did. Bummer, if they are the same as the originals; I wish there were more durable ones that could handle the sun better. :( I think the original earlier versions that were three dimensional; probably wouldn't have the deterioration problems these do. Do they hold up better?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean, I have some UV clear vinyl material that I'm going to cover it with and see if that helps it last longer . :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts