NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right loyal org members I now have 3 VWs.
My 2001 1.8t
My 2003 2.0
Today I bought a 1968 bug for $2400.

It runs great, the engine is clean and had a lot of new engine parts added, fresh tune up with wires and distributor, new brakes, electrical system re-wired, new shocks, new tie rods, new running boards, and some other goodies.

Like most air-cooled, it has some belly pan rust, spare tire well rust, and luggage compartment rust and it needs a new paint job and interior overhaul. This is my project car, so whatever mods I had planned for my nb's are out the window...but parts for air cooled are easy to find and they are much easier to work on. I'll definitely post some pics tomorrow and I can't wait to get this car looking sharp.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
speedie,
can't wait to see pics!
wcj

·
"Its only money"
22 Posts
Congratulations Speedie - As you can see from my avatar, I am also a huge fan of the classic bugs. I currently have two 1966 Beetles, but am trying to sell one of them since I just don't have the space for two 66's and an '05. Good luck with the restoration, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
excellent, congrats on the trifecta :)

i wish i still had my 68 then i would be triple as well :)

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
speedie said:
That's right loyal org members I now have 3 VWs.
My 2001 1.8t
My 2003 2.0
Today I bought a 1968 bug for $2400.

It runs great, the engine is clean and had a lot of new engine parts added, fresh tune up with wires and distributor, new brakes, electrical system re-wired, new shocks, new tie rods, new running boards, and some other goodies.

Like most air-cooled, it has some belly pan rust, spare tire well rust, and luggage compartment rust and it needs a new paint job and interior overhaul. This is my project car, so whatever mods I had planned for my nb's are out the window...but parts for air cooled are easy to find and they are much easier to work on. I'll definitely post some pics tomorrow and I can't wait to get this car looking sharp.
Wow! Congrats! My first VW (first car) was a white 1968 Bug! Can't wait to see pics!

·
VW Fan!
5 Posts
I'm a Triple Too

We have a 1968 single cab VW, a 1969 autostick Beetle, and a 1999 New Beetle. We're looking to replace our 1997 Plymouth minivan with a Eurovan in the next year or so. So... we'll be VW x 4!

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, good for you, I actually just became a new member of the triple dubness too.
I have a 98 NB, a 06 NBC, and just bought my 67 beetle sedan. Like you all my thoughts about the new ones are gone and lots of work on the 67!!! Do you know of a good forum for old beetle stuff on it.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
congrats on triple dubness, Shkote. :) have fun with the '67!

there are a lot of good aircooled forums---the samba and aircooled.net both have a ton of info.

i stumbled on the Memphis/Mid-South VW club website one day (looking for a speedo how-to) and have regularly visited their tech forums since then. http://www.midsouthvw.com/

i also browse thru the bugshop on a regular basis. http://www.thebugshop.org/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts