VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Hubby was delivery driving when this woman swears she didn't see the car, and slammed into her driveway before the bug got out of the way.

The driver rear tire is completely crooked, and the force was so hard, it shoved shutterbug over a curb and popped her into a metal mailbox and pole.

The passenger rear tire is bent inward at the base and comes out a bit more at the top.

What do you think? Totaled? Hubby, thank God, is fine. She protected him, at least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't had it long enough for custom parts! Lol. I only had her for 4 months and 16 days. I know it's just a car, but if a car ever said me, she was it!

·
Registered
15,844 Posts
I'm TOTALLY with you; I have had mine new... since 2002! I have had to not drive it; for awhile, while fixing things and I definitely MISS driving it! If I had a "NORMAL" boring car; life would be much less enjoyable, cruising around town... the TURBO New Beetles, make your day to day life more fun... thats for sure! :) There are TONS of NB's out there for sale; lets hope, you can find another "Shutterbug" or "Shutterbug II" to make your life fun again! :cool:

PS: if you get another one; I recommend, "upgrading" to a TURBO S! They are very fun to drive and have just the right amount of custom updated bumpers, wheels and interior upgades to make it the ultimate New Beetle out there... the six speed/180HP, really makes it a blast to drive! It was a nice upgrade from my 2000 GLX Turbo! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I almost know what will happen. We have pay off protection in the event of wrecks on our note. I almost guarantee they will pay our lender crap, they'll take it, and just get us out of our contract. That's okay, but we need a car!

Idk with hubby seeming to be okay if we should just deal with insurance or get an attorney being he now can't work at his part time delivery job til we get a new car or fix his jeep, and now he can't go to overtime at work tomorrow, cause he put what was left of our gas money in her, and drove her about mile before getting hit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the shoulder billy. I'm not a fan of the sleeker bumpers myself. And a six speed? Though I would love it, I have nerve damage in my back, and I just can't shift like I used to. Almost always "hopping" out of a stop cause my leg doesn't press as hard as I think it is.

·
Registered
15,844 Posts
I understand; I have back problems myself... however, I recommend you test drive one to be sure! The clutch on these cars; is so "feather lite", that they require, very little pedal effort to work! I just put a new clutch and flywheel in mine; its amazing, how lite this clutch is... the easiest clutch of ANY car, I have every driven! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet! I may try just to see, but our jeeps clutch is pretty light itself, and I just can't hack it anymore. That's why we shifted the plan of replacing hubby's car to him getting mine and finding me something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope so and I will! Our credit isn't the best. Can you believe this little lady was bought at a buy here/pay here lot? It was so lucky all around. ?

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Noooo! Not a Chromaflair!!! Noooooo!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My poor husband (the one that looks like Walter white in one of the photos haha), is fine, thank Gosh, but so sick about it. Even though it wasn't his fault, he feels bad that he was driving her last ride.

Does it look as bad to you as it does to me?

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Hang on.

The other driver said that she didn't SEE your car!!!!

Why in the heck are YOU wondering what YOUR insurance will cover???

I hope you have a police report and witnesses that stated she admitted to being at fault.

HER insurance company should step up and fully REPAIR the car or replace it!

I don't mean to sound like an horses arse. But this other driver admitting not to seeing your car? That's a slam dunk form a legal point of view. No reason for your insurance to have to pay any part of the claim! In fact, they will most likely go after the other drivers company! Just ensure you have a police report and the witnesses.

S-

·
Old & New Beetles
2,243 Posts
Oh, I´m so sad about what happened to your beautiful Bug... :(

I do hope, that you will find a new one to cherish and love for...!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts