NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have The Code " Servre Station Code 00066 " Show up On my Scan Tool ? And also " 1J909608 " ? But when I enter the 1J909608 When I Enter The # as A part I get Brake Cable ? Showing ... That is Not Correct. It's Not A Cable It Should Be AirBag Problem ? The AirBag Lite Is On And That is What I was Trying To Trace Down.? Any Ideas ? Thanks
'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What scan tool are you using and can you post the full auto scan? What year and model VW; are you wirking on? Thanks.
I have " Creader 7+ " MADE IN F... CHINA LIKE ALL THE REST OF THEIR JUNK. I HAVE a 1998 New Beetle " Gas

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
I haven't used that particular scan tool; it does list VW's as being compatible but the Chinese tools, don't always give accurate trouble codes or definitions (garbled info, incorrect definitions, odd trouble code numbers, etc; are common).

Searching online: "Shop #: WSC 00066", seems to be a (WSC) Work Shop Code; that is part of a autoscan, on VW factory type scan tools, like VCDS by Ross Tech. So, your "" Servre Station Code 00066 ", maybe; just a garbled output, from the Chinese scanner. So, technically, it isn't a trouble code per se but just a standard part of the info, that is output after the vin # and other info, a autoscan provides; what codes, are coming up, if you do a full scan of the car? Are there any trouble codes, are any lights in the speedo cluster on and is the car running ok? If there aren't any codes, trouble lights and the car seem to be running as it should, I think you are fine. If there are any issues, let us know; we can go from there. Thanks.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have one of those Creader scan tools though I don’t use it for my VW’s because I have a vcds. If you have an airbag light you’ll have to read the airbag module with a vw compatible scanner.

Also what year is your car. The older MK4 body styles had an issue with wires in the seat belt buckle, or if you ran your battery way down or disconnected an airbag connector under you seat or elsewhere and started your car before plugging it back in. These issues will all cause an air bag light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts