NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Turbo S in 07, then Thur a friend I found the .org. :) While cruising the various threads I read about a timing belt going bad and all the havoc it can cause. :eek:hnoes: Then I read that with the vin, the local dealer may be able to tell me any work that has been done, so on a short work day I stop by and low and behold, I get the good news that literally 2 months before I bought my baby, she had the complete over hall, water pump, timing belt and tensioner.:guitar::banana: This takes a huge load off my mind. The dealer told me that a over hall like that costs around $ 1100.00 bucks, which is cheap compared to what a repair would be if the timing belt blows. Now I can put that money into paint, a spoiler and wheels. Or a new stove for the wife.;)

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
THat's awesome. I know how you feel. My 2002 GLX, that I bought last September, had 113K on it when I saw the ad. I bought it, because the TB/WP had been done, and a new clutch, and some expensive front end work, and I had the receipts to prove it. She has been a good car, and runs very well. Woot for us! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts