NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed papers for a 2014 R-Line, reef blue, "Sun and Sound" edition. Dealer had to trade to get the color so I won't get my new baby until tomorrow or Wednesday.

My wife had an '04 Jetta, but my daughter had it as a college car and it was totaled in a wreck in '09 (not her fault and she wasn't injured). She then got an '04 Beetle convertible as a replacement she still has and loves. So I'm not new to VW's, just not one of my own. (Yeah, it's MY car!) Anyway, I got this one because I've always had a truck and wanted something small and fun to drive for a change. Will I be disappointed or will my wife and love it? (Silly Q, I know...)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Wow....lucky you!!! I would love to get into a new R.
Congrats to you and we wanna see some pics. Like lots of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
We Will Need PICS! And Lots of them!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll try to post some pics. But I have to get it first! I won't see it until prolly tomorrow. I'm in Michigan and it sits in Ohio right now so I can't even go look at it. This is the first car I've ever bought sight unseen!

Any good advice for a new owner? Seat covers, maintenance things, potential issues to watch out for?

How many run premium? I know it says it's recommended, but we rarely put it in the Jetta and I doubt my daughter runs it much either in her convertible (both "recommended" premium as well). It's not a big deal either way, just wondering how recommended "recommended" actually is for these? It will be my DD so I'll be putting the gas in it. I'll put in what it needs, but at 30MPG or less, wondering if premium is really needed.

And is 30MPG realistic? We have always gotten better gas mileage than the estimates. Will that hold true here too?

I know there's a wealth of info on here. I used to be a mod on another forum for my current truck. Lot's of helpful ppl there too. So I'd be surprised if it's not the same here. And I'll gladly share what I can too!

Looking forward to a long relationship with my new toy!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Good advice: join us the first Saturday in May, for the 6th annual TOD- tail of the dragon cruise/weekend. meet some great people, as well as finding out what that R-line can do. click the link in my signature for further details.

Congrats on the sweet ride, and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Finally got it last night. The dealer was sweet! I walked out with not just my new toy, but also 2 goodie bags and some other stuff in the car that I didn't know would be there. In the goodie bags (not a complete list) - aluminum VW valve stem covers, a parking sign for my garage, 2 flashlights, 2 pens, a mouse pad, 3 key rings, catalogs for stuff, calendar, a reusable shopping bag, window scraper (it's still winter up here!), etc.

In the car I found some nice big rubber turbo floor mats (the originals were in the trunk) and they put wheel locks on too.

Two questions though. In the glove box was an iPod cable. I put the beetle app on my phone and it requires this cable, but where does the cable plug in to the car? I can't find a spot for it anywhere. I realize I'm prolly missing it, but where does it go?

second, with keyless entry, why the key? Is it used in case the battery is dead to unlock it? Where is there a keyhole to use it? (BTW - while I like the keyless entry, it will take me a while to get used to using it!)

Finally, a pic!

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats! Awesome color. I'd love to see more pics. A shot of the rear. Engine. Exhaust tips. And interior

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's what I've got for now. I'll take more and post when it's not raining.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Gorgeous! Look under the dash area under the radio controls, for a port. Maybe it's there?

·
Registered
712 Posts
The port in my Passat is on the upper left roof of the inside of the glovebox. Yes it's a horrible location.

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Welcome to the Org and yes, you will enjoy your new R-Line for many, many years to come.

On the key, the driver door actually has a key lock in the door handle. They have a "cap" covering it. So yes, if your keyless entry stops working, just pop the cap off, and use your key.

Great color, and yes, sounds like your dealer really went out of their way on delivery.

Again, welcome to the Org...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts