NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well 99% sure but all shall be good. Around the end of April, I shall be going to Dyess AFB. Which is in Abilene Texas. :) Were happy because we wanted Texas, plus a lot of my family lives there.

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll still have to make a trip up to Ohio and see some orgers in that area :)

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Well, here is an early "Welcome Back Stateside" post sir!! Glad that you are able to be stationed in an area that you wanted to go.

Lot different than when I was in... "So, you want to go to Texas, well that's great. I just so happen to have an open assignement in Alaska. Glad I could be of service"...:wink2:

Enjoy your last winter in Germany......TechnoTrix'd...:wave3:

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm supprised that we got Texas. I was really thinking we would get stuck in Maryland at Andrews, that was the last place we wanted to go.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
That's great! You'll be close to those fun Texas NBC folks. So lucky! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deeceedub said:
WooooHooooo!

Welcome Home! You'll be my closest .org neighbor-- just 60 miles :flowers: We go there all the time.

Abilene is a nice-sized place to live and they take good care of the Dyess folks.

Let us know when you get here! dcw
Cool we'll have to look you when we get there! :D

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Yeppers

squeebug said:
I'll still have to make a trip up to Ohio and see some orgers in that area :)
I hope I can be around when that happens. I would have hoped you got stationed in Ohio so we can play cars, but I can't think of a good AFB around here. (At least I never see any cool planes flying around) Dyess and Texas should be cool, well hot really, but cool too!;)

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only AFB in Ohio is Wright-Patterson which is by Dayton. I used to live there for about 8 years.

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
marvins_dad said:
You better make it to the TNBRU in Dallas then!:D

Will be April 1st weekend...when will you be getting here?
Probably not till 1st week ish in May :(

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
squeebug said:
The only AFB in Ohio is Wright-Patterson which is by Dayton. I used to live there for about 8 years.
Ya, I know that, I used to live there too. Seems like the only thing cool about it is the Air Force museum, very cool. Do they even have airplanes there? What kind, I wonder?

Well I hope you can make a visit to Ohio when you get stateside again.

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have airplanes where? At Wright-Patt? I know they have C-130s or something like that and some little planes as well

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Papa Bug said:
Congrats on your next assignment! It's always a great feeling to get what you want on your dream sheet.
Don't ya know! They probably looked at mine and said holy crap! Somebody wants to go to Dyess!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts