NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have to say. i know they don't always have the best reputations, but a visit up to my dealership honestly makes my entire day (however sad that sounds).

i was in earlier this week b/c my fan fuse had blown for a second time (did the same thing a month or so ago). they fix it in about two seconds. last night i go to attempt to de-fog my windshield, and the fan goes again (grr). i stopped by today, without a call ahead of time (i normally do) and they are JUST so wonderful. they know me by name (and my car's name haha), they joke around with me, the ones my age are sort of flirty (aww yeah), and they just make me feel so wonderful.

of course, the under-warranty freeness of the trips up there probably help that too. haha. and the coffee. :D

turns out i'm getting a new motor ordered in for the fan. in almost eight months and almost 29,000km, i couldn't be happier that this is the only problem i've had so far (knock on wood).

anyhow... just thought i'd put some positive dealer comments out today. <3

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I think you should re-write this for the "Dealer Review" forum, which is new for the new Org. Dealers get such a bad rep..... :)

For me, it's the free internet, pop cooler, and popcorn machine! :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dnyed said:
I think you should re-write this for the "Dealer Review" forum, which is new for the new Org. Dealers get such a bad rep..... :)

For me, it's the free internet, pop cooler, and popcorn machine! :p
it's like a guessing game to find the most appropriate forum here now... there are so many! :confused:

free internet!? that's crazy! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Cheat said:
29000km...you finally passed me. :O)

I think I'm working at just under that (I have 17700 miles). Looks like I need to do a roadtrip or two to get my lead back. :O)
i'm not quite at 29k... more like 28,190 or something. but honestly, every time i look at the odometer, it's gone up by some hundred... they grow up so fast!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Well, maybe having a car under warrenty makes it better. I have a used car and its not certified either so I only had a very limited 30 day warrenty. I've had a fairly negative experience with my dealership. I got my oil changed and they didnt call me to tell me it was done (and I needed it to be done so I could get home from work). I had to call them. Then, I made an appointment at 8am to get my microswitch replaced...it was the first car there that day. It was there all day while I was at work and they never even looked at it. It took my dad calling them for them to even say they would look at it...the next day! There was only really one good thing that came out of any trip there (which came out of a bad thing...). When my parents bought my car, they factored in enough money in the price of the car to replace the tires on it. Well, turns out they never did it. They barely passed inspection. When I took my car in for the microswitch, my dad talked to the manager and explained to him that little issue and also the fact that I was going to be 400 miles away at college soon after that. Because they never got replaced originally and needed to be, the dealership put on new tires...for free! Nice ones too...like top rated performance tires. Probably like $800-$1000 worth of tires for free. So that wasnt bad. I'm just not looking forward to going and getting raped by the $92/hr labor rate when I get my timing belt and water pump replaced in the winter...
I'm happy for you all that have had good experiences though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts