NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss NIGHTLINE. I miss the simple premise of the show, which was to show one story, for however long it took, so we could get the whole story.

Now, since Ted Koppel left, I have tried to watch NIGHTLINE, or as I am beginning to call it, 20/20 LITE; it's a okay news show, but frankly, it's dumb. Or should I say, it has been dumbed down.

With three stories every show, the short attention span has been shown to be the winner in today's society. I wonder how long this show stays on; will it last a month. Or will JIMMY KIMMEL take over the time slot?

See, part of what bugs me about this, is that I feel as if we don't need to dumb things down. I think we need to improve our thinking. We need more news shows, that might show us more of what we need to know.

But I think I am in the minority.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
I miss NIGHTLINE. I miss the simple premise of the show, which was to show one story, for however long it took, so we could get the whole story...But I think I am in the minority.
Me, too then.:) I haven't taken the time to watch the new version, but it sounds like I won't enjoy it as much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts