NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of the tool to seperate OZ 2 piece wheels. It is specific only to OZ wheels. It is a 10 point male bit (kinda looks like a torx but with 10 points). I can find it new for $75 but I don't really want to pay that for something I plan on using once. Anyone know of someone I can borrow, rent, buy one from cheaper?

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there are some wheel whores on here who know someone with a set of these wheels who have a tool......anyone?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've been watching there too. BTW SMG, would you happen to know how much it usually costs to have wheels re-drilled? Need to go from 5x112 to 5x114.3. Spacers only come in 1.25" widths for what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I can't find any such socket wrench. Since you've found one, perhaps buy it and rent it out to all others who have purchased a set of these wheels with one way fasteners that weren't meant to be removed by the public at large! :D I can only suspect you found the socket only available from the wheel manufacturer. Perhaps a shop that does wheel resto?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can only suspect you found the socket only available from the wheel manufacturer. Perhaps a shop that does wheel resto?
A company in Germany sells them....seems to be the ONLY place! OZ won't sell them to the general public as they don't want just anyone taking wheels apart...I see the reasoning but if you're gonna sell the wheel, sell the part to be able to fix them later too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts