VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were the only pictures I was able to take of our new beetle sitting in the garage for so long.
Never really took interest in it only til 2 years ago. And it has been sent to the shop by one of my relatives to be repaired and it seems that it isn't done yet.
Is this a legit turbo model? All I know is its a 2007 Model.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.
I'm not familiar with forums, so please forgive me for any possible violations.
Please tell me more about my car, the engine, and whatever else I need to learn and understand.

Thank you.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. That is a 2.0 liter, non turbo. Looks like someone added the "Turbo" badge. Also, the two wings on the back have been added. Nice ride.. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,840 Posts
Also, it is NOT a 2007. It's more like a 2000-2001.

Reactions: 02NB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correction

Someone seem to have tampered with the registration to make it seem like a 2007 on paper.
Thanks guys for clarifying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. That is a 2.0 liter, non turbo. Looks like someone added the "Turbo" badge. Also, the two wings on the back have been added. Nice ride.. :)
What do I need to know about the 2.0 model?
Someone has tampered with the registration documents, thanks for the clarification.
I am disappointed that someone just rebadged it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Are you sure you’re not just misreading it ? Does it say 2001 instead of 2007?

The dreaded 01m automatic transmission was used from 99.5-03 on vw vehicles in the US, probably the worst transmission vw ever made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you sure you’re not just misreading it ? Does it say 2001 instead of 2007?

The dreaded 01m automatic transmission was used from 99.5-03 on vw vehicles in the US, probably the worst transmission vw ever made.
here in the Philippines, car registration information can easily be manipulated. Upon checking it says its registered as a 2007 model, not a 2001. Which I was very suspicious of.

What do you mean by worst transmission? Does it break down often? Or it just plainly sucks?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Do a search of this site using the term “01m problems” .

If you’re in the Philippines, perhaps your vehicle has a different transmission. If it’s working fine now drive it, you may never have an issue.

Here in the states there is a sticker on the driver side door post that tells when a car was built. Do you have such a thing in the Philippines? If so check the sticker if it’s still there to confirm the build date.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If all else fails, pull some plastic trim off and it will be date stamped with a month of manufacture. They won’t be using 2001 manufactured parts in 2007. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts