NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I ran my NB through the car wash. I can't stand the way cars look this time of year with road salt and winter grime, especially when it messes with the looks of a Beetle.

There was one problem, though.....When I did it, it was about 10 degrees below zero outside, and now I have to enter the car through the passenger side because the driver's door latch is frozen shut! :rolleyes:

I just hope I don't have to wait until April to get into my Beetle the normal way......

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try the windshield washer fluid. That would be faster than standing outside or even in my unheated garage in this miserable cold with a hair-dryer...Basically, I can't stand any temperatures under about 55-60 degrees for more than about 5-10 minutes.....I need to move where palm trees grow.....:D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
no fun, but that's the one part of wisconsin i don't miss one bit...below zero temps. hang in there. :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've lived in the north all my life. Originally, I came from the Quad Cities on the Illinois side of the Mississippi (Davenport Iowa/Moline, IL area). I thought the winters there were bad, but Wisconsin is worse. The older I get, the less I can tolerate cold weather. But my wife has a really good job, so the best I can hope for is becoming a snowbird when we retire in about 15 years or so.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I'll try the windshield washer fluid. That would be faster than standing outside or even in my unheated garage in this miserable cold with a hair-dryer...Basically, I can't stand any temperatures under about 55-60 degrees for more than about 5-10 minutes.....I need to move where palm trees grow.....:D
You would get along perfectly with my hubby. He thinks 60 is freezing; but he was born and raised here in Tampa. We have plenty of palm trees down here. If I don't get to move to Tennessee like I want to you can just shoot me a line in 15 years and I'll be waiting at the Tampa city line sign with a fruity umbrella drink of some kind to greet you. :bigglasse

btw...if you do end up standing there with a hair dryer I want to see pics ;)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
:roflmao::roflmao:
You would get along perfectly with my hubby. He thinks 60 is freezing; but he was born and raised here in Tampa. We have plenty of palm trees down here. If I don't get to move to Tennessee like I want to you can just shoot me a line in 15 years and I'll be waiting at the Tampa city line sign with a fruity umbrella drink of some kind to greet you. :bigglasse

btw...if you do end up standing there with a hair dryer I want to see pics ;)
:roflmao: My goal this year is to see a real live palm tree!

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts

Well if you end up near Tampa on your quest you'll have to let me know so the Tampa crew can greet you up right ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pushing FIfty, I can't IMAGINE what it's like to deal with -10 degrees! Ouch! I'm a california girl and used to the warm temps. You said that the older you get the less you can deal with cold. I will probably feel the same way about the heat someday. It seems that as people age they don't like temperature extremes . I live in Holywood, Ca. and we are having a Tropical Heat wave in January! Yesterday was 80 degrees, after a couple of weeks ago It was 33 overnight! Go figure. I will relocate to the Central Coast of Calfornia someday when I retire, where it is about 70-75 degrees most of the year. :)

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts

OMG that was a goal of mine too! I finally saw real palm trees when I drove to Florida 2 years ago to meet some of the FL orgers! They thought it was hilarious I was so excited about seeing a real palm tree :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I guess the windshield washer worked since I see no pics of you with a hairdryer in the snow...lol

OMG that was a goal of mine too! I finally saw real palm trees when I drove to Florida 2 years ago to meet some of the FL orgers! They thought it was hilarious I was so excited about seeing a real palm tree :D
That's right...I forgot you were down here for JBR 2011. See guys, I told you we have plenty of palm trees down here ;)

Hope you can come down for this year's JBR to see some more and palaver with us FL orgers again :cool:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Yay Im not crazy!! I love how we all have a mutual craziness! :banana:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Weak, that's T-Shirt weather around here. :D

Mind you, over the T-Shirt is a sweater, and over the sweater is a parka with a hood, and a toque and scarf, and big winter boots, and big winter gloves, long thermal underwear and maybe two pairs of socks.

Canadians don't mind the cold, but we're not idiots about it.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts

Mind you, over the T-Shirt is a sweater, and over the sweater is a parka with a hood, and a toque and scarf, and big winter boots, and big winter gloves, long thermal underwear and maybe two pairs of socks.

Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Even in Wisconsin, which is considerably south of SK, people start wearing shorts and flip-flops when the temperature hits 40 degrees F. (I guess that would be about 5-7 Celsius). Not me, however......!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess the windshield washer worked since I see no pics of you with a hairdryer in the snow...lol
Actually, right after a doctor appointment, I drove to my local VW dealership where they let me park it inside to thaw out. The Service Advisor is a good friend of mine, so I just hung out and visited with her for about a half hour when she wasn't busy with customers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts