NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm talking about is the "wave", I had a 4 door Wrangler, new at the time and until I joined a Jeep forum could not figure out why all other Jeep drivers would wave, and I'm in N.E. the part of the US that has the most "unfriendly" folks...now I'm getting the same response from other Beetle drivers and it's taking me by surprise that now I'm making sure to have one hand on the top portion of the steering wheel just in case and wave back...is this a Beetle thing as well?...curious if it's nationwide :confused:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I wave, though I get few back, even when they are looking. The older Volkswagen drivers used to always flash a peace sign, but I have not owned an air cooled VW for several years. So to answer your question, yep!

:wave:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
There is actually an old old thread about this. We get waves a lot. And sometimes we dont. I get a lot of people punching each other! That's fun. Just last year at ToD a group of motorcycles were pulled on the road side when we drove by and they all started punching each other!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
What was really cool....

Was when the group from the Kokomo IN VW group got to run on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track last year and all the folks in the pits with their NASCAR crews came out and stood on the fence wall on the pit lane and waved and took our pictures as we drove by.

That is once scene I will never forget as long as I live. How cool was that?

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
There is actually an old old thread about this. We get waves a lot. And sometimes we dont. I get a lot of people punching each other! That's fun. Just last year at ToD a group of motorcycles were pulled on the road side when we drove by and they all started punching each other!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
That is hilarious!

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Was when the group from the Kokomo IN VW group got to run on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track last year and all the folks in the pits with their NASCAR crews came out and stood on the fence wall on the pit lane and waved and took our pictures as we drove by.

That is once scene I will never forget as long as I live. How cool was that?
Awesome

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Funny thing is we now have an 01 Wrangler Sport in the family stable and jeep owners appear to be more consistent with the wave.

My daughter (whose car it is) yelled at me the first time I drove it and did not signal back to another Jeep owner.

I had no idea but she knew about it (Jeep Forum).

It's all good.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
In Tampa I wave, but no wave backs yet :(

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
In Tampa I wave, but no wave backs yet :(
I try to wave at the round beauties in Mn. But most don't wave or i get a "meh" wave. There is an isotope that i get really friendly waves from. I never see them stopped, i really want them to join the org. :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
Keep waving, my friends. :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I know I will...eventually somebody's bound to return one. I am a hugger so if I am stuck in my car at a distance I must wave instead :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts