NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word came thru the NFG (Nintendo Fanboy Grapevine) here at work that we have some Revolution devkits and the controllers that go with them. Naturally, I dropped what I was doing and went to check it out. They didn't have it set up yet, so I wasn't able to actually use it, but I did get to check out the contollers extensively.

It's smaller than I expected, and it's super-light. I can imagine using the controller for a long time without any discomfort. The thumb controller pod is really nice and feels just like a thumbstick on an N64 or Gamecube controller. The whole thing just has a real nice "Nintendo" feel.

So nice...can't wait to actually use it in a game or dev test, or for the crazy ideas that will come to life because of this controller.

Fanboy out!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Don't let my son or hubby see this! :eek:

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
My Fiance' is all excited for the new Nintendo Revolution to come out. It's great that you can actually go online and download games from over 20 years of the classic Nintendo!!

My girl is hooked on playing the "Mario Party" games, so she'll be all over the Revolution once it hits the shelves. I wanted to surprse her with one for Christmas, but I'm not sure when they're out yet? Do you know Unitool??

I'm a Playstation guy myself, but the PS3 isn't due out until spring I believe.....:( For now I'll just stick with my PS2.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now the speculation is that the Revolution will ship at about the same time as the PS3, but it will be approximately half the price of the PS3....that is the speculation, anyway.

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
unitool said:
Right now the speculation is that the Revolution will ship at about the same time as the PS3, but it will be approximately half the price of the PS3....that is the speculation, anyway.
That's what I heard also, makes good sence for Nintendo.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sony and MS can have all the polys and pixels per millisecond they want....if I can play games like RE4 (or something like Call of Duty) using the new controller, I'll be very happy. More shiny/more polys alone just doesn't do it for me and might even be creepy and scary.

Beware the Uncanny Valley!

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
You lucky bastard!

I played around with that interactive thing on IGN, I measured it and it said it was about 5"x2"? Is that accurate do you think? Are the little buttons labeled a and b, or x and y? Does it feel good when you hold it?? I've been thinking, it might be a little tiresome on my arms to hold 2 things in the air while I play, instead of resting my hands/controller in my lap. What do you think? Oh man, I'm so excited!! :D

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it is more like 5x1.25 or 5x1.5 or so...both parts of it are very light - you can hardly feel the weight of them in your hand, but at the same time, they feel very solid.

I never really rest my arms on my legs or anything like that when I'm using a controller now - I'm usually holding it a little or a lot above my legs. I think this new thing will be more comfortable than a normal controller because you don't have to conform to the spacing of the controller - you don't need to keep your hands close together if you don't want to.

I still have not been able to use the controller - the guy that has his devkit all set up so that we can try things out is gone today. :(

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
n2vdubz said:
My Fiance' is all excited for the new Nintendo Revolution to come out. (snip)...

I'm a Playstation guy myself, but the PS3 isn't due out until spring I believe.....:( For now I'll just stick with my PS2.
Don't hold your breath on the PS3 release date. Remember the struggles that Sony had with the PS2 release dates, and subsequent software releases for some of it's most popular game titles.

I am also a big PS fan, and have both of the game units in the house (PS & PS2). After seeing some of the Demo games on the new X-Box, I am also chomping at the bit for PS3 to come out.

Cool to hear that Nintendo is stepping up and leveraging their huge stockpile of great games. I will have to keep an eye out for the "revolution" controller and do some googling on it..

Thanks for the heads-up.....TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
squeebug said:
Cool! Now if they can just make games that aren't geared towards 6 years olds :p
Ah, some of us like those kind of games. Simple, easy to figure out. I dig the Mario games. I don't have to think a lot...my brain slows down...the masters can program me bettersss

Yesh.....

But, kidding aside, I do like the Mario games. I dunno. They are just old school fun, to me. And I do have the Game Cube; in fact, I just got a S-Video cord for it, for better video. About time, I say.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts