NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not enough orange!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
When the New Beetles rolled into the lots nearby, I couldn't even legally drive yet, but I knew I wanted one from the moment I layed eyes on them...

When I was seventeen I went to the local VW dealership to test drive a new Turbo Beetle, but alas, here you have to be 18 with cash-in-hand or 21 to test drive a sparkly new Buglet. So I admired from afar. My favorite at the dealership was a twankly yellow model with two-toned leather interior. They wouldnt even let me sit in it. I had to sit in the cloth model in the showroom.

As years passed, the VW dealership by my house closed and the next one was 30 minutes away. I went through a couple of Chevys and Fords- my favorite being an 82 Chevette that I painted entirely in handprints and the interior in celestial design. And I waited. And I waited.

Two weeks ago I handed over cash for my '02 Snap Orange Turbo beetle with two-toned leather interior. Not exactly my favorite colour but darn near the yellow one I pined for as a teenager. "Lola", my punkin car, is this big fat orange smile in my life. I bought her with 38k miles and have since put over 2000 on her (Yes, in two weeks). She has a permanent place in my driveway. I cant wait to put 100k, 200k more on her.

Yay!

I love how the whole car is colour-coordinated. The wheels are orange, the interior is orange... even my flowers are orange. Im too happy.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
CONGRATS! That feeling never goes away! Trust me! I have had my bug for 9 months now and the feeling hasnt even subsided!
Make sure you take lots of pics of Lola so we can see her!!
Welcome to the org!!!
:wave3:

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Sounds like you have yourself a "Color Concept"! Big Congratulations!! :party:

Welcome to the Org, :wave: and you now know know that the old adage is true: "Good things come to those who wait" or something like that....... :lol:

Pics, please! :D

·
Not enough orange!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only too happy to oblige....

More of interior and the rims (We took a weekend trip to Ohio- must. Clean. Rims.) soon!

http://images.snapfish.com/3453585523232fp64=ot>2343=724=6;3=XROQDF>2323;92;53:56ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/3453585523232fp64=ot>2343=724=6;3=XROQDF>2323;92;53:62ot1lsi

http://images.snapfish.com/3453585523232fp64=ot>2343=724=6;3=XROQDF>2323;92;53:68ot1lsi

And the boy loves her, too. Any idea on how to get the annoying dealership sticker off of her hip? Its so gaudy :p

·
Everett Street in May
3,205 Posts
First things first, welcome to the Org..:clap: Excellent choice in car, and finding a color concept with the low miles is just great.

Ok, regarding the graffitti on your pod, try a hair dryer and a tooth pick or something not metalic but with a fine point.

Hopefully it is just a vynl graphic advertising the dealer, and the heat from the hair dryer will help break the seal. Then use the tooth pick to grab an edge and then just pull it off.

If it is painted on, then that gets a little more complicated..

Best of luck, hope to see you around the boards.

TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

·
Not enough orange!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will definitely try that. Its so ugly. Im sure its vinyl, its raised significantly off of the car.

Colour concept eh? Im guessing that makes it worth more. I thought about relisting it since I got it for pretty cheap (13.2 here, most GLs were going for 11, and the GLSes for 12.9) (nobody wanted the orange car), and then just getting the yellow one and have $ to burn. What to do what to do...

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?p=23584#post23584

I stuck all the pics, including the rim and interior pics, in there where they belong so Im not mushing up the nice welcome area :)

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Do

Not

Sell

This

CAR!!

There are not too many Snap Orange Color Concepts out there! Treasure this car! :pumpkin:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Welcome aboard!

We have a snap in town----think it's one of the kids at the college---cool for you!

:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
terms!

sorry for my ignorance, but what does Snap (and) Color Concepts mean?

i have a 2003 cybergreen Turbo with 2-toned seats, but i didn't think that meant anything--apart from being a tad gaudy! ha.

·
18,311 Posts
swee pea said:

i have a 2003 cybergreen Turbo with 2-toned seats, but i didn't think that meant anything--apart from being a tad gaudy! ha.
Does your beetle have green inserts in the wheels?

Snap orange is the name of the color of her car color concepts are exactly what punkinbug has..and what you may have. They have the 2 tone leather seats, matching piping on the floor mats, color matched sticthing in the black leather and colored inserts in the wheels and if I'm not wrong, there weren't as many color concepts produced as other regular NBs.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
swee pea said:

What about the wheels? Green inserts? Even if not, it sounds like you also have a "Color Concept", a Cyber Green Color Concept....... The two-tone, color coordinated seats, and matching stitching in the interior, and wheels make it a limited edition C
"Color Concept". Gaudy? No way. Unique, and rare? Absolutely!! Love your CGCC! There's nothing else like it on the road, my dear.......... :bigthumb:

"Snap" Orange is a color name. And it is snappy! :pumpkin:

·
18,311 Posts
dnyed said:
"Color Concept". Gaudy? No way. Unique, and rare? Absolutely!! Love your CGCC! There's nothing else like it on the road, my dear.......... :bigthumb:
I agree!!! If you dont like it I'll trade with ya!! :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
PunkinBug said:
Hi all!
....Two weeks ago I handed over cash for my '02 Snap Orange Turbo beetle with two-toned leather interior. Not exactly my favorite colour but darn near the yellow one I pined for as a teenager....
Hey PunkinBug,

Welcome. You've got a good looking NB. A lot of great people here with a ton of experience and knowledge. I've got a yellow one if you wanna trade, ah, I better not. Enjoy your car :hobbes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts