NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am making a poster at work for our annual COE (circle of exellence) dinner. the poster is supposed to give clues to where the company trip is going to be in 2007. the place is called secrets resort. so, i am googling all kinds of things to look for pictures to put on the poster: secrets, pursed lips, sherlock holmes, question marks, whisper...

so i was googling the word "whisper" in hopes of finding a picture of one person whispering to another, and lo and behold, on page 11 of my google image results, i see this! from southfloridavwclub!

TJ, it's your car! small world, eh?

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Very cool! Thats one nice lookin retro NB. I hope it went to a good home!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Gaw....that was a great car. :(

Why, oh why, has the new owner not come here? :confused:

oopsie edit: to add the word "not"

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
they probably did and read all about how the previous owner hated the car because of a few minor annoyances (a near total and rebuild will do that) that he thought were impending doom...

sigh.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Very cool! Thats one nice lookin retro NB. I hope it went to a good home!
TJ traded it in on his "box". Subsequently, he saw Whisper sitting on one of those sleazy used car lots (I guess the Scion dealer didn't have any use for a retro Beetle on their lot, so they wholesaled it out). All I can assume is that Whisper got sold to a credit challenged buyer. :bestwish:

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
TJ... we are glad you are still here..even beetleless!

·
TDi GO!
2,637 Posts
Dottydeb said:
TJ... we are glad you are still here..even beetleless!
Agreed!!! :) Place wouldn't be the same without him!! I too never met Whisper, wish I had, but I did meet the man himself, and even got to ride in the tricked out Box before he went hybrid!!

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
GatorBeetle said:
Agreed!!! :) Place wouldn't be the same without him!! I too never met Whisper, wish I had, but I did meet the man himself, and even got to ride in the tricked out Box before he went hybrid!!
Ditto:D

·
33 &#8531;
15,621 Posts
Hey, thanks for the kind shout outs. EVERY now and then, I really miss WHISPER.

Makes me want to get another, and do it again.

And, the other day, I got cut off by the, um, 'person' who bought my Box. He was rather rude, and I don't think he knew he was cutting off the person that owned it before him. (Hard to miss my old Box)...Anyway, that person had the seat all reclined, and also was smoking in my former ride.

All in all, made me sad for the Box. And also glad that I have (yet) to see WHISPER around being abused in such a fashion.

Don't know what I would do then.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts