NewBeetle.org Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chuck -

There has been no activity on this thread for three weeks! Is the tour still on? I planned on joining the group in Chicago for breakfast at Lou Mitchell's at 5:30 a.m. will I be eating alone?

Paul

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
We are still go!

Sorry about that. It seems most all of the folks are on fb so we have done the majority of posting over there.

I talked to Lou Mitchell's and they are going to let us park out front of the restaurant on the street. They know we are coming.

There will be 4 cars coming up from Florida and Virginia. A New Beetle, A Beetle and a GTI and a Golf Sportwagon. We will be in front of the Restaurant at 0530 Friday morning the 19th. We plan to gorge on their amazing breakfast menu and be out of there by 0730 to tackle the downtown traffic. Hopefully we will be leaving the city while everyone else is inbound for work.

First night stop will be probably about 200 miles out. Guessing maybe Springfield or so. We are leaving Florida on Wednesday morning and staying in Lexington KY the first night and then Hammond IN the second night. We will power into the city early Friday morning.

Can't wait to see you there! Anyone else in a Water Beetle in the Chicago land area please stop by and wish us well!

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We are in Hammond IN. Getting ready to hit the hay so we can get to Lou Mitchell's tomorrow morning at 0530. Should be a lot of fun. Hopefully the traffic at that time of the morning will be light.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
No idea yet where we will be. We are 100 miles into the trip already and having fun. We should be able to give you a better guess as we get closer in the next couple days. We haven't even picked our hotel for tonight yet!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts