VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New Beetle owner here, recently got myself a bargain Beetle 2000 for £250, and I can't believe how well it runs for the price!

A few bits and bobs need replacing and whatnot, but overall she runs great :)

My question is: I want her to look nicer, sound nicer and perform better, whether that's efficiency or speed, but I'm a virgin when it comes to car work. This is something that I'm interested in doing for a bit of fun though, more than anything, so what are some good/worthwhile mods I can do to her?

EDIT: If the photo doesn't load, http://imgur.com/V6mD6lz

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
250 for a bug isn't bad! What engine do you have? That may help get some better ideas as to what you can do. There are plenty of catback exhausts and tunes for the US engines, but not sure about those across the pond.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 for a bug isn't bad! What engine do you have? That may help get some better ideas as to what you can do. There are plenty of catback exhausts and tunes for the US engines, but not sure about those across the pond.
Hey bud! I've got a 2.0L 1984cc engine. That's all I really know about the engine though!

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Ah well then there should be plenty of exhaust options from cat backs to just mufflers as well as the whole thing. Not sure about tuner availability for ya though. ECStuning.com is a US site, has a lot of stuff not sure if you'll be able to find any of it over there or if you could get it shipped to you without costing an arm and a leg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts