VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced my spark plugs and air filter. It was easier than described, I didn't have to remove any other parts for the spark plug. I just used a long bent nose plier to pull the boots. And socket extensions with a joint to unscrew the spark plugs. But I found a hole in this hose. so i shorten it and connected it again using plastic ties. But what is this hose and what could have been the consequences driving with a hole in it. I did have a catalyst lower than threshold error. And I am trying to replace the plugs to fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
That connects to the fuel pressure regulator; VW uses a braided hose for that but you can probably find a some some hose at your local auto parts store that will work. Go ahead and replace it and you will be fine.

Here is what the manual says about how it works:

"The fuel pressure regulator controls the fuel pressure as a function of the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)"

If it is disconnected; one, can assume it cannot regulate the fuel pressure as it should.

Here is the service manual; on checking to see if the fuel pressure regulator is working as it should:

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa..._and_inspection/with_manufacturers_scan_tool/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts