NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was watching some show, I think it was on Discovery about people addong things to thumselves surgically just to be different. And there was one guy that really wanted a tail, by since having an actual tail is still impossible to do, he spends his life with a stuffed one hanging out of his pants. It's a bit creepy but it's a good dream.

And that got me thinking, having a tail would be freakin awesome! I dont mean a surgucally added tail, more like an evolution of myself that included one. Ya know how you get anxious about something and you start to wiggle your leg, I think it would be great if i could wag my tail. If i was scared, i could have it in between my legs, and i think it would just be a fun thing to have.

The one thing that would be kind of odd is a skin tail. I'm not too fond of those, so I'd probaly like an actual coat of fur too. Anyone that's seen me shirtless at tom's house knows i actually have quite a few hairs on my back, but i'm actually talking about like a thick coat of fur, but it has to be short-hair. Maybe I'm totally whacko, but i think house pets have the good life, tails, fur, pettings - oh man, i think it would be soo awesome being pet. That must feel soo damn good!

Okay, i've rambled on enough, time for you to tell what you would want.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
hmmm... I never thought about it. I guess I would have to say I would want wings. So I could fly wherever i wanted to. Nice big beautiful white feathery wings. :)

·
Co-pilot wanted
31 Posts
Another hand. I mean, humans would just be more productive. 2 hands on keyboard and one on the mouse? Rock on!

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skweeker said:
Another hand. I mean, humans would just be more productive. 2 hands on keyboard and one on the mouse? Rock on!
If i had a 3rd hand, it wouldn't spend too much time on my mouse.

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SMG said:
I'm happy with my form, but I would change sleep.

Sleep is the biggest waste of time ever..

I'll take one Borg regeneration unit to go please! :D

SMG
mmmm... borg re-genreation unit. put me down for one of those too.

·
Creator of the VW burger!
7 Posts
I'd have to say ESP. I would love to have that so I could be a diplomat/adviser. Imagine how interesting it would be to know that the leader of country X is planning to attack country Z and be able to solve their differences and become alies....

Nah....
I vote for wings. lol

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
Speed Buggy said:
I'd have to say ESP. I would love to have that so I could be a diplomat/adviser. Imagine how interesting it would be to know that the leader of country X is planning to attack country Z and be able to solve their differences and become alies....

Nah....
I vote for wings. lol

Or just nuke them and not have to worry about it :D :detonate:

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Invisibility....just like Frodo, that would make quite popular come halloween,,,hehehehe

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
It seems that we are talking evolution, and not cybernetics... too bad, so many cyborg implants I want.

As far as evolution... wings would be cool and retractable claws would be cool. Name just about any animal trait that is worth having... vision of a hawk, speed of a cheetah, jumping ability of a flea...

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
1. I totally agree with you SMG. The first thing I would change if it were possible would be the ability to regenerate my engergy constantly and gain energy from the air, the sun, whatever, so that I never had to eat or sleep. While I'm on the subject, I would like a finely-honed, smarter metabolism that would gain the exact amount of nutrients I needed to maintain a perfect body and burn off the rest, no matter how much I gorged myself.

It's not too off-topic Otto, so let's go with cybernetics ;) I, to, will be first in line when cybernetic "evolutionary" implants become mainstream one day.

2. Telepathic communication over Wi-Fi, Internet, etc. so that I can access my PC from my mind. To be able to search Google from my mind, or dictate a document by thinking about it, then telepathically (I'll go ahead and coin the term "electronic network-based telepathy, or ENT" right now) sending the document to print at a local Kinko's! Man, that would be the best augmentation of human evolution ever!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
If I could undergo some sort of evolutionary change... it would be radical. Would make me entirely different. You know, anthropomorphic lion and all that jazz. :D

The cool paw-hands with the claws, the big teeth, all the cool stuff... ;)

-Des

1 - 17 of 17 Posts