NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wire to my headlights burned/corroded into the part of my car that's not the ignition switch (that sounds really confusing, I know). I found pictures online but I don't know if this is the name of the part or the part number and I would like to find it ASAP. Here's the pics. I borrowed the link to someone's Flickr so I hope they work:

Ignition harness on 2001 vw beetle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ignition harness on 2001 vw beetle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Does anyone know where I can find this part, does it come with the little metal clips that hold the wire, how much it is and how easy it is to change it? I've already opened everything up and looked at it, and removed it, but the wire is shorter cause it burned and I'm having trouble with it. Should I change it, too?

Sorry for all the questions but anything that keeps me from paying the dealership would be A+.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
ECS Tuning

Posted on the other thread too, but I'll post it here also. it's a common problem, hopefully this helps. Not sure about the wires and the appropriate connectors, that's probably something you could pick up super cheap at the dealership.

14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! This is the exact part I need. Do you happen to know where I could find the cables?

ETA: Oops! I didn't see the part where you mentioned finding the cables at the dealership. I'll look into that. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts