VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
elgatomiguel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. First time post and first time Beetle owner with (pardon the pun) electrical bugs. Ok so I have issues with my 2000 Beetle. Turn signals, head lights, ac/heater fan, radio wipers all in-op. I replaced the ignition switch and found a burned connector. I also looked at the fuse box and found a red wire that is just laying in the area connected to I have no idea. Replaced the switch and got one headlight operation and the radio to say Monsoon on the screen. Nothing else. I want to remove the dash and chase the wiring. This has become a hobby/mission for me before I scrap the Beetle.
Anyone know where I can get a little direction/video for my Herculean Bug task?

·
elgatomiguel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jfoj,
it does need replaced. Looks like where the fuses are has melted as well as one of the wires that is part of the connector harness has been cut and modified and hard wired to one of the other positions on the box. I'll replace the box and see if I can't trace this wire back. The ignition switch harness is also damaged, some of the connections are melted and wire is burned. Replacing that too.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Find the VW fuse box or other part numbers and use this pricing tool, Audi Part Number Price Comparison

The developer of the tool will hopefully have VW parts pricing tool, but luckily many of the VW part numbers are recognized by the Audi sites. So run your numbers and hopefully you will find best pricing.

·
elgatomiguel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the insight guys. I replaced everything from the alternator to the engine compartment fuse box to the ignition swith and coupling.
Radio is on now. Still no blower, turn signals, or windshield wipers. The dash shows that my headlights are on high beams and when I use the switch to click to low beams it doesn't chsnge.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts