NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter just purchased an '05 convertible, so naturally no dome light. Problem is when you get in the car at night, it's super dark and hard to find the ignition switch to put the key in. Is there supposed to be like a backlight around it at all like the dash buttons that maybe stays lit for 30 sec or something after the door is opened? Thought I'd ask before I start taking the steering column apart only to find there is indeed no light. I know you can just pull down the visor and use that light, but if there is supposed to be a backlight so you can find it in the dark, that would make more sense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Daughter just purchased an '05 convertible, so naturally no dome light. Problem is when you get in the car at night, it's super dark and hard to find the ignition switch to put the key in. Is there supposed to be like a backlight around it at all like the dash buttons that maybe stays lit for 30 sec or something after the door is opened? Thought I'd ask before I start taking the steering column apart only to find there is indeed no light. I know you can just pull down the visor and use that light, but if there is supposed to be a backlight so you can find it in the dark, that would make more sense.

The mirror has a very tiny light. By daughter had the same issue and a ordered a pair of led stripes from eBay which I wired into the mirror light so they'll turn on or of when opening and closing the door. Work like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts