NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time I ever took pictures of any car that I've owned, so bear with me. Be warned that the pics aren't the best due to my photography skills and an old 1.3 mp camera. I don't have a name for my NB, but these are pics with 18" (black) Flik Justice rims with 225/40/18 Falken Ziex 512's all around. I was pretty skeptical of how my car would look with black rims, but it turned better than I had thought in my opinion. The rims and tires are the first mod, but I have an Eibach Pro-Kit (lowering springs & shocks) waiting to install. Also, as I'm typing this, tint is being installed on the rear windows only. I would love to install the tint all the way around, but Illinois seems to think that our police are safer without it.

Attachments

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Hey can you get us a close-up of those rims? Can't wait to see it lowered if you have any questions about the install(if you are doing it yourself)just PM me, I've installed lowered suspensions on two New Beetles. Your car is going to look awesome with the suspension, rims, and tint.:D

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you go guys, and thanks! This is the best shot that I have of one of the rims. The rest didn't come out so well. I'll take more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Hey I love the mustang too. I was going to buy a 2001 Bullitt before I bought Yelojkt, but insurance was as high as the payment. But knowing that we both have New Beetles we would not be considered a typical mustang owner.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yelojkt said:
Hey I love the mustang too. I was going to buy a 2001 Bullitt before I bought Yelojkt, but insurance was as high as the payment. But knowing that we both have New Beetles we would not be considered a typical mustang owner.
No, I'm not the typical Mustang owner now that I have a New Beetle. I love my Mustang, but it's only a three season car and can be pretty tricky driving in heavy rains. I have a 91' so there's no traction control. Hopefully next year I can afford to install a coilover suspension along with some other rear end items that'll make it stick to the ground better. I haven't driven her for a year now, so it's going to take some getting use to once I get back behind the wheel again.:eek:fftopic:

As far as my NB is going, I got off track a little. I got tired of changing CD's so I bought a Phatnoise system, which should be installed this weekend. I'll probably wait until sometime next month to complete the lowering (all depends on how work goes). The tint job got botched (I'll never trust an in-law again:banned: ) and the last mod before winter hits will probably be a new antenna. Trying to squeeze in a new camera before taking more pics as well.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, haven't gotten the new springs and shocks on yet. I could've had it done, but diverted those funds to a Phatbox. Currently, I'm in the process of getting the timing belt changed to avert disaster. Illinois is a hard place to find a good shop, but I've finally found one, and we're negotiating parts/price right now. Thanks for asking!:bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts