NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've been off and on the .org for years now and in and out of VWs. I went from a 2006 New Beetle to a 93 Civic to a 99 Grand Cherokee to an '03 C230 to a '10 Mini Cooper to my current '03 Jetta. The Jetta has been a great car but it's so NOT me. My honey doesn't care for VWs as they're problem prone (and he's my own personal mechanic LOL) but he understands why I love them but doesn't get my obsession with the New Beetles. So today I come home from work and he asks if he can give me present early and I say no, wait for actual Christmas. He starts pouting and says 'fine, I got a new tv for us' to which I replied 'what the hell?? thanks for ruining the surprise!!' He then says come out in the garage and help me carry it in!! I open the door and find this....

28022_10151383271246419_800960728_n.jpg

2003 2.slow GLS with 96k miles...and it's PERFECT!! I'm BACK!!!! and BETTER than ever!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
OMG!!! I just knew you'd be back! :party:

Where are you? I'm in Portland again! We Must Meet Up!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
What an awesome surprise...I wish my sweetie were so good to me...I had to drag him kicking and screaming to my new beetle experience...lol :D He still doesn't get it; but he tolerates it. Enjoy your new present ;)

Has this beetle presented you with a name yet?

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
what better gift for Christmas than a NB :) welcome back!

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Congrats - its true love when you buy someone a bug - and you are responsible for the maintenance - I know I bought my 16 year old 3 in a little over 4 months.

Welcome back.;)

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping this New Beetle is as care free and easy going as they can be. I truly seems very solid and in amazing shape. Only one previous owner with all service records, carfax is clear and is in great shape but not so perfect that it makes you wonder if it's been rebuilt. My 2003 Jetta was completely problem free so hopefully this cutie is, too!!

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
I Must See It. We Must Take Pics!!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts