VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night was the first time I experienced rain in the new Bug, and wow does it need rain guards, my worry is there's no frame on the top of the window on the door so I was wondering if it's even possible to have rain guards? Does anyone know of another car like this that has rain guards? I've checked Vent Visor's site and the last year they list for the Beetle is 2010. One thing to note is the windows actually go down about a quarter of an inch when you pull the handle, they then go back up into the groove when the door is shut, I'm hoping this helps with the ability to have rain guards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im looking everywhere

I keep checking back to your post almost 2wice a day to see if anyone has come up with a solution.
ive searched the internet hoping a company will come up with rainguards for our cars and so far nothing, just rain deflectors for our side mirrors. =(

i pulled up to a drive thru the other day during my first rain storm as well, and it was like a waterfall onto my lap! i dont know what to do! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, same here. I've emailed companies to just get generic replies saying we don't have anything but maybe someday we will. It's frustrating. If I do ever find anything this will be the first place I post. For the 2.5l there's really isn't much yet, I'm hoping for Carbonio or Neuspeed to come out with an intake soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I'm sure some one will get some one day. I've seen mustangs and legacies that have the rain guards BUT they stick directly to body, something I personally just don't care much for. But yeah just keep an eye out!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Thanks Grampa
8 Posts
rain guards on 2013 convertable beetle.

I am looking for the same thing. We are having a major snow storm in NY right now and I opened the door and snow and water came into the car.
Has anyone found anything that hooks on to the Window itself. Because its a convertible you dont have the top of the door. its all window and the the fabric roof.

Bad flaw on VWs part. But love my new little car

Little bug 35

·
Registered
2 Posts
A
So last night was the first time I experienced rain in the new Bug, and wow does it need rain guards, my worry is there's no frame on the top of the window on the door so I was wondering if it's even possible to have rain guards? Does anyone know of another car like this that has rain guards? I've checked Vent Visor's site and the last year they list for the Beetle is 2010. One thing to note is the windows actually go down about a quarter of an inch when you pull the handle, they then go back up into the groove when the door is shut, I'm hoping this helps with the ability to have rain guards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have checked everywhere can’t find anything. Saw one in Huntsville Al one time but I couldn’t catch the lady to ask her where she found them. Someone could sell them like crazy if they would make them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone ever find any rain deflectors?

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
386 Posts
Honest you have to put up with the fact you have frameless doors. If the cats sat drive away and let the water disperse before you open the window.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.