NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where I even post. I have no clue what I'm doing... But ANYWAYS!

For the past few months the brake light in my Beetle will randomly start incessantly beeping. Like, it is horrible. It flashes and beeps (extremely loud) 3 times, sometimes this happens up to 16 different times while I'm driving a short distance. That's like 50 beeps I have to hear while I'm driving! Sometimes it continues this pattern of constant beeps for a few days or maybe even weeks, and then suddenly stops for weeks. The manual says that 3 beeps with a flashing red brake light means it has to do with brake fluid which I have checked and it is always full.

SO I'm thinking it's a short or blown fuze... Any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine beeps too! It's either two or three times like yours, and it's totally random as to when it occurs. It seems to happen way more frequently if my mom drives my car, but I think that's just coincidence. And the light shuts off afterward. I have no clue what's causing it though, so I'm not very helpful. :) Mine is an '02 2.0L automatic by the way.

EDIT: I should also mention that the beeping in mine never occurs as frequently as it does in yours. At most, mine was two, maybe three times in one trip, and I hear it at most maybe once a month. But I also don't drive very heavily on it because I don't need it to commute to work.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts