VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

Hell all! I am happy to be here. I have a 2006 New beetle and love my bug but I need to renew my registration and my bug can't pass emissions. The check engine light is on and is giving a P0411 code. From doing some research I found out that there is a recall for this..I think. I need help! Please!

·
Registered
15,844 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
we had the same problem last month when we bought an '01 1.8Turbo for my daughter. don't know if the '06 is the same but there is a fuse box at the back of the engine compartment on the right with a 40A blade fuse. it was blown on ours due to a bad secondary air pump. water got in it and it froze breaking the blades in pieces and seizing it. I replaced it myself ($130 for the pump, 3 bolts on the manifold hold the bracket on, its a lot easier to get out by removing the bracket.). that wasn't all - there were vacuum hoses that were cracked going to the valve on the exhaust for secondary air. Not too bad if you or someone you know can work on cars. otherwise you might take it to a mechanic. good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the same problem about a month ago as well. I was lucky and mine ended up being a couple of hoses that were cracked / completely broken in half. However, the problem could also be your secondary air injection pump. If that is broken, then it is a bit pricey to replace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
New beetle owner
18 Posts
My 98 2.0 has that same code. I found 1 hose damaged so far but haven't really gotten into looking deeper yet. In Ma. Anything more than 15 years old doesn't go through emissions testing. So I could live with it if I want. But.the issue would be if any other codes come up I wouldn't notice because the CEL light will already be on. So...this weekend I will be pulling the air injector pump and testing it and also tracing out all the hoses and valves for it. I will find the problem, oh yes I will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts