VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g,day from western australia to all you bug fans out there i recently purcased a 2001 beetle acouple of weeks ago a bright red one its in realy good condition with low k,s the car is completely original i was wondering if it is possible to put porche wheels onto a bug 17,s i,ve seen a picture of one on the net but i just wanted get some advice on fittment before i spend any money i will post some pics of bugaboo soon

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Welcome to the org!! :wave3:
Yes it is very possible to put porsche rims on your bug! They look pretty nice too!
Come here often because you'll find tons of helpful and all around awesome people here who are willing to answer any questions you will ever have about your bug. Lot's of really knowledgeable people 'round these parts!!

Glad to have ya!! :yaya:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the Org! Let me preface what I say with: I've not tried it! However, it seems that so long as the wheel diameters (ie tire size) and lug patterns are the same or within the range of operation for the wheel well, it should work. I'm limited in my knowledge of the whole tire/wheel well thing, but I do know that we managed to fit Acura rims on a 74 Beetle -- if that could be done I am positive Porsche tires on a new Beetle is entirely possible! :)

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Genuine Porsche wheels will need adapters to be able to mount to the VW hub.

-Des

1 - 7 of 7 Posts