NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beetlebomb here. It's been about a month now since we immersed ourselves in the New Beetle Experience. Sure glad we did 'cause this car is "one Big Hoot" to drive! What fun, everytime we get behind the wheel. While the cars different, the diving fun experience kinda reminds us of our lil' black air cooled '68 we bought brand new (this will date us, so be it!) A different driving feel, to be sure, but the same kind of fun experience. Glad to be involved in it...(Oh, BTW, back then we traded our Beetle in on a new Mustang after a year or so. This time, after 2 years, we sold our Mustang and bought the N.B.! Deja vu, in reverse!) :D

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Welcome back to VW! :lol:

If I didn't love my car so much, I'd have one of them there new Mustangs...... So tasty! Oh my!:D

So tell us exactly what you have: year, engine, color? :p

Pics would be nice, too......... :wave2:

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanx!

dnyed said:
Welcome back to VW! :lol:

If I didn't love my car so much, I'd have one of them there new Mustangs...... So tasty! Oh my!:D

So tell us exactly what you have: year, engine, color? :p

Pics would be nice, too......... :wave2:
Thank you both for that welcome! We just bought a black 2.0L 5 spd. '99 with cloth seats and a sun/moon roof. It had 66K miles on it, but drives, sounds, and handles Great! The Mustang we sold was an '01 SVT Cobra with only 17K actual miles and near showroom condition. Of course, the VW was much less $$, so we came out ahead on the deal and are actually having more fun. The 'stang was somewhat of a Beast to drive, espec. in traffic with it's rather heavy clutch, but for straight-line acceleration: Watch Out! (Also used only Premium gas.) The Beetle is much more "nimble" in traffic and just a lot easier to scoot around town in. We LUViT! :p

·
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!
2,063 Posts
Beetlebomb said:
The Beetle is much more "nimble" in traffic and just a lot easier to scoot around town in. We LUViT! :p
Yeap my Vette drives like a log truck compared to my NB!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts