NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topic states it, and it's true.

The 'rational' reason that most people who know me definatley know that i just can't afford one. Hell, I can barely keep this fox on the road, let alone a newer car.

But the real reason, is something I really don't like telling. Mostly because it makes me look :crazy:. But it's the truth. And after I confess this, you will know that REAL NBAD is.

So here it goes. My bug was alot more to me than just a car. I know everyone says that, but ot me, it really was.

I loved that car more than anything or anyone on earth. It was really that bad. Yes it is true that I've never had any serious relationships in my life, but that was something I really didn't know what was wrong with me. I'll admit it, a few years ago, I was sexually confused. And I didn't get to reaally know what I wanted until I had the bug. And well, after getting the bug, I had no way to really love someone because I was in love with my bug. It was so bad, that I didn't even care about sex. I really just didn't need it. I spent every day with my bug, and I spent every saturday spending a good hour or two outside washing the car from spring thaw to fall freeze. And that was some of the best time i've spent with the car.

Its really hard for me to let go of something I've loved so much. It's really bad that I went to the shop where i got my solid mk4 engine mount because of a gtg, and i literally spent time playing with one they had on display, just missing the car.

I loved that car like a child, like a wife, almost like a god. That car was my life. I would have done anything for that car, and I always felt like if that cer ever got totalled, i wished, I really did wish that I would have died in the accident because I had no idea how I could live without it.

I know its been over a yea, but I just can't let my car go. I don't want to beleive that that part of me is gone. Just thinking about it still hurts like the day I lost my bug. There's a part of me that doesn't want another bug because I know that I can never love another bug the way I loved my Chester.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I felt the same way about my CRX. I had that car from new and kept him for 21 years. He was my first new car and I loved him. I cried when he went away.

·
Super Moderator
14,735 Posts
Jose, we all know how you feel. I cried when I traded in my first S for the Passat, but I feel back home with my new one. It was hard, feeling like I was bad to leave my '02, but my '03 has brought me much joy in my life.

You know, we ALL loved Chester, and I think I speak for all, that we all miss him, too. Do you think that another New Beetle will make you feel better? I'm not saying "Buy One!", I am simply wondering if you're in a funk, that a New Beetle may help you get out of.

Chester, I hope you are resting in peace. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I feel your pain Jose. I still miss Bluebee, my Vortex. I never could get that feeling back with Stitch though I liked the car. I will say I love Tater and enjoy him as much as I enjoyed Bluebee. I just still miss Bluebee but the pain of losing him has finally abated and it doesn't hurt like it did the first 2 years.

Hang in there. It will get better. Someday, you will be able to look back fondly on Chester and it won't hurt.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I know i only ever wished you had another Beetle because of how much you love Chester. Chester, while not the picture perfect Beetle, had more character than alot of other's vision. Certainly more vision than my own at any rate. So, if you ever hear me saying "get another Bug" it's only because i know you'd give it the proper respect ANY car deserves.

I hear what you say man. My car kept me sane while being single because she gave me something to love and not get any lip back.

Worry about getting another Jose man. Seriously. You sound kind of messed up in your mind a bit. And don't listen to orgers unless you want to. Who are we but words on a screen until GTG time anyway?

Drop me some emails if you need to bitch. I'll shoot you some neutral advice and hopefully mess you up so much more that eventually things come full circle and you can set yourself right. :crazy:

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Awww! *HUGS* Hose-B :hugkiss: I'm glad you didn't go with Chester. We would all miss you as much as you miss him. Maybe he was your 1st love and a perfect love it was so it will be hard to love another Beetle again like you loved him and that's OK. If and when you're ready to get another one you will and you won't hear anything from me about you needing to get one anytime before that. You know what you need. Cheer up my dear! :kiss:

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
I'm sure he will be waiting right there at the gate for you Jose. After all what did you think he was gonna do? let you walk around heaven? you wont pick up any angels like that. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
I stopped lecturing to people about selling their cars a long time ago. If there are reasons you want to get rid of your bug...so be it. If you still want to stick around and hang out with friends...great!:cool:

The time will come with all of us to get another car...cars get older, lives change, priorities change. So far I have been lucky and been able to keep Marvin since we have another car that has more room for family outings.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marvins_dad said:
I stopped lecturing to people about selling their cars a long time ago. If there are reasons you want to get rid of your bug...so be it.
Someone didn't read the original post. :rolleyes: What poor mod skills ya got there. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
I went back and re-read...:D

Sorry, didn't read your entire post, but was kinda responding to other posts. I was in a run and post mood last night.:eek:

Rob (Gator) had kindof the same sentiments when he lost his car...if he couldn't have the bug he built he didn't want another one.

Myself...when I sat in the intersection finally realizing that Marvin might be totalled, my wife tried to comfort me and said, "we'll build another one" and all I could respond with was, I have so much work in him, I don't want to start over from scratch...wouldn't be the same. Luckily they were able to repair him otherwise I might have the same feelings or be really gunshy about modding another car knowing it could all be taken away from me in a single moment. I give Marvin a little pat every now and then to remind him that I love him, just in case we ever do get taken away from each other.

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Jose, I remember meeting You and Chester at my first GTG
in Berea, May '05 and having your stereo blasting "Holoback Girl" Great memories. Dude, don't worry, things will change for the better. If a Bug comes your way it will be from your good karma and you have it. Keep on keeping on! :D

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
you know how i feel dude.

besides, you and i know it's just way more interesting road-tripping in the fox because you never know what'll happen next.

i'm glad you're still here buddy...i never would have written my first bad check if you didn't have the fox and it broke down in my driveway. :D

take it from someone who knows...don't EVER buy a car to fill a void. it just makes empty wallets and at the end of the day, you still feel the same as before. you gotta love yourself first before you can love anything else.

all that being said, i know the feelings you are experiencing...boy, do i ever. when i lost my 2001 nb 1.8t, i saw 3 years, 146k, and countless hours and dollars go by the wayside. i made so many gti/jetta exclusive parts work on that car, so many roadtrips, so many memories in general that it literally made me sick to my stomach to even travel on i-84 for months. now, i'm not saying do what i did (because self-medication is wicked bad for ya), but i hid behind drugs and a car that i hated but made myself believe i loved. there was a point in time where i was TRYING to kill myself behind the wheel...but something told me that if i was gonna go, it would've happened already. at the end of the day, we're all here for a reason, and it's our job to find the reason.

chin up buddy, you're alive and well...and there's a lot to be said for that. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts