VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Beetle started off with broken key, I have just the original key blade, .
So update got a knew key cut with fob from locksmith , "He said that he cut key ,door locks work dash lights are on . But then he couldn't program immo,
bolizer, say in their is a fuse out for the data link 200 $ later .so I checked fuse replaced it with a knew one ,check the battery fuse on top no wires broken no melted cable ran obd no code shows power from port ,ran scanner it came up no memory so how can I program my immobilizer please help me my car has.sat for a yr because of this ,

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Get an immo delete my wife’s 01 beetle has one, no one is going to steal a 21 year old car anyway. Especially if it already has THE anti theft system known as a manual transmission. There are several vendors on eBay that will do the delete for you. Billymade has a recommended vendor but I forget who that is. I’m sure he’ll chime in shortly.

You have to remove the ecu which involves two plastic panels on top of your dash, then unplugging the ecu packing it up and sending it to the delete vendor. Cost will be around $100.

At that point your key will start your car and your fob already works the locks. You will need to remove the gauge cluster, two screws and two plugs, then separate the back of the cluster and cover the immo light with black electrical tape or paint the bulb black. The immo light will continuously flash otherwise but it will not affect the cars operation.

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
Here are the basics on the immo and key fob programming. Diagnosing the immo issue; may require scan tools, like VCDS or programming things, like VagTacho, to pull the secret key code, etc.

This company, can make you a new key, you may not need that as you have a new key cut (?) or sell you a new immo rfid chip, if you need another one, to finish up your programming, needed to add a new key? While, your locksmith maybe competent; his scan tool or the rifid chip, he got with the key fob/key, may not be compatible or as noted, you could have a problem with the immobilizer in the speedo cluster, etc. The New Beetle, can be a bit more of a challenge; to work with, then a Jetta or Golf.

As noted above; a immo delete, is another option. This company offers this service; if you go that route:

Video, discussing the immo delete process and ecu swap/install:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to all of you that replied to me I ran a scanner it came back no memory is their a way I can program with out pay in 180.00 I know about the code in the door lock dose it take a locksmith or cab I do this my self .

·
5/23/10 <3
11,686 Posts
Can you post the code number you are getting?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts