VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team, I hope there is someone that can help me out with my Bug.
I have a 2003 VW beetle that the wiring harness burned last month, i had to change some plastic items too.
I ordered on ebay, the same year, same model (2003 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo) Wiring harness and installed it, everything seems to work perfect, sunroof lights everything, now, i noticed that this wiring harness doesn't have the 2 wires that is going to the start switch for the Immobilizer, i search for it noting, now the car starts, and turn off back, i don't know where is this cable, very strange, that this wiring harness didn't came with it.
Is there a way that you can bypass the immobilizer? or do someone know if is somewhere is that this cable could be or is going?, i checked the old harness and saw that this cable is going to the instrument cluster, but this new one doesn't go there, no cable going there, does someone knows where it can be, or is going to?
I was thiking if this cable is a newer version, the wiring goes to another place? i don't know, can someone help me out?

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
I know this is a old thread but it is possible, that the harness is for a non immobilizer beetle (1998); 1999 was immo II and 2002 started immo III. I'm assuming you have this worked out by now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts