NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BillyJoel
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 NB 5 speed manual 2.0 silver in color. I am and have been looking for a few items.
I need a new (used) hood preferably same color if available. New headlights both sides as mine are completely hazed over. Also front bumper upper and lower with fogs again preferably same color.
Also the factory stero has broken plastics and could use that part of the dash.
Also a rear seat grey cloth interior.
Just let me know if any out there and also shipped to 57706! Thanks!

·
Registered
14,086 Posts
Aftermarket headlights are not very good quality; if the stock ones you have... work, then I would "restore" them with a Headlight Lens Restoration System by 3M (there are other brands as well) or many people have had good luck by sanding them by hand. The stock headlight assemblies are the best quality; that you are going to find, (if they are functional) and not broken, fix/restore 'em. :) If you buy new; they will haze over soon enough; it is a continual battle, the sun trashes all the headlight plastics on all cars these days... its just a matter of time. Even if you end up buying a new set; I would try restoring the old ones first, you might be surprised how good they look! :) All you would have invested is some time and most restoration kits are less then $30 at your local automotive parts store; probably cheaper online. I have replaced headlights assemblies on customer cars; with new cheap ones from China (which still cost quite a bit of money) and the quality just isn't there, compared to the original ones; which are even more expensive!

Headlight Lens Restoration System :3M US

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_279h41lto3_e

1 - 2 of 2 Posts