NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zzzzzzzzz
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know we have all been over this before but I really need someones help. I really want to replace my cassette player in my 03 beetle but I always hear that you have problems. I was warned by the dealership when I bought my car but I see you guys with them. I have a monsoon system. Can someone tell me what problems I would have if I put one in if any at all? I would be very thankful. Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
sb_beetle said:
Go to http://www.crutchfield.com choose your stereo and get all of the installation materials you need included as part of the HU cost. All the "worry" is the dreaded "K-wire". When you remove the Monsoon HU you will see it has three (3) plugs; 1 blue, 1 brown, 1 grey. The harness you get from Crutchfield only has room for two (pretty sure it's the brown and grey). The K-wire is in the blue and won't be an issue because it's not connected. Worst case scenario: dealer requests you to reconnect the factory unit for diagnostic purposes (they've never required me to do it).
Are you SURE about that? I just swapped out radios on my 2003 Turbo S with sucksoon, and the K wire was on the black 8 pin connector, which most definitely plugs into the crotchfield (sic) wiring harness.

·
keep on truckin'
20 Posts
Zen - I went to the dealer & paid him for a 1/2 of labor to install a deck I purchased from ebay. Think I paid around $275
Mine is monsoon also. So far, absolutly no problems. Sounds great

:batman:

·
Registered
186 Posts
sent u a private message i sell the factory cd players on ebay they are brand new..plugd right up to your stock harness

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got an indash CD player last fall from a salvage vehicle which plugged right in and worked fine in my '03 (with Monsoon). Of course, the CD player stopped working a couple weeks ago; radio plays just fine. I'm still not sure what the issue may be. I'll have to dig up my receipts to see if there's any kind of warranty from the place I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts