NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Miachelle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my MIL's cherry 2005 VW Beetle back in May. For the second time, the inside of the convertible top has come out of the rubber frame around the rear window, which means now I can't put the top down in beautiful sunny AZ. What a crime! What's even more of a crime is that the last time it happened, the VW dealership charged me $125 to put the liner back into the rubber frame around the window, citing it takes a special tool (I tried to do it myself and failed miserably). What is this special tool, and how can I save myself $125?

Much thanks in advance,
Miachelle

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would think about trying another dealer. There is a TSB on this and most dealers are fixing it for free or at very little cost.

·
Miachelle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, you are awesome! I got the clip back in last night, fortunately only about 7 inches had come out of the frame. Thank you so much for providing that TSB on the headliner.

Yeah, I don't like the dealership I dealt with. They were the closest one to where I live, and there is only one other one which a good drive.

Again, I appreciate your help!
Miachelle

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm on my 4th fix for this problem. She goes in later this month to have this done. If they don;t get it right this time, I will request that the darn to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts