VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed and installed new clutch. Now I have to jump the starter to get it to start. No juice through clutch safety switch. Also no power windows. Installed a switch under the dash for bypassing the starter circuit. But drivers window is open and neither window will operate. However the door locks do work electrically. Any ideas what could have been went wrong while installing the clutch?

I can drive the car. Issue is with no power to the windows and no key start. Is it possible the confort control module is not being powered up?

Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The relay panel is not too far from the clutch pedal under the dash. Maybe it got disturbed. There are 2 relays for the starter, one for the clutch pedal and the other for the alarm system. The relay panel also has fuse for the power windows on it. The fuse is in position A at the bottom of the panel in this diagram:

Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Beetle L4-2.0L (AEG) (2000) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Starting and Charging > Clutch Switch Relay > Component Information > Locations

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the 30 amp fuse is ok and has 12v power to it. How do you get the relay panel down to troubleshoot it? It is tucked up under the dash quite a bit? I can see it but need to get to it to troubleshoot!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The kick panel above the driver's feet removes easily. There are 3 Torx screws along the edge closest to the seat, I believe. The screws are in recesses in the black cover so are a little hard to see at first. That should give you access.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, I removed the kick panel above the drivers feet. However, it looks like a nightmare to examine or repair the relay panel? Was wondering if it unbolts and drops down?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts