NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a autometer ultra-lite boost gauge i want to install in my 06 tdi beetle, i really dont care about the dimmer so i want to wire it directly to my on/off switch for my light has anyone done this witch wire do i need to tap. i guessing the red and black but who know maybe they did something special...

Attachments

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
OK, how many wires are coming out of the back of your gauge? If there's 3, one is hot, one is ground, and one is dimmer. If there's 2, there's no dimmer. Connect the black wire from the gauge to any ground point. Connect the red (hot) to relay 75x(it's under your dash in the relay box...you'll see it). Connect the dimmer if you have it to pin 1 on the dimmer switch(the blue/grey wire).

That's how mine is hooked up and it works great! :)

Loving the cluster btw. :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
No... it's down in the driver's side foot well.
You need to take the black cover off the underside of the dash in the well (if you haven't already). The relay is going to be right above the dead pedal.

(oooh... I think this is the first time this infamous picture has been posted to the NEW org ;) )

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now that means when you start your car the light will come on. so if you want to work on a switch you are going to have to wire an inline on/off switch.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
smokemotul said:
now that means when you start your car the light will come on. so if you want to work on a switch you are going to have to wire an inline on/off switch.

... or use the dimmer wire.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
I gotta look into the cost of the '06 instrument cluster. I really like the redesign and the red info display.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Pelican18TQA4 said:
I gotta look into the cost of the '06 instrument cluster. I really like the redesign and the red info display.
And the 160mph readout too. :)

Looks like I WON'T have the BT in for Bear Mtn...I may however just bring the 99 up with it in that. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts