NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2009 Beetle's radio's buttons started breaking about a year ago. Going over bumps would also cause it to start scanning radio stations, so finally purchased an aftermarket receiver from Crutchfield. I didn't have any issues removing the old radio (aside from very short wires that kept me from pulling the radio out all of the way). The wiring harness I bought seems to fit with the black and brown 8 pin connectors, though there are some pins in the black connector that don't have corresponding pins in the new harness. However, there is also a ~20 pin green, yellow, and blue connector. There is no way to connect it to the new radio. Doing some research, it seems it's a miscellaneous connector for various systems like a CD changer (blue part), external audio source, telephone, can bus. However, my beetle doesn't have a cd changer or telephone. I called Crutchfield, and they said to not worry about it.

I guess I don't understand why VW would wire up the connector when I don't have the things it's supposed to connect to. Do any aftermarket receivers even use that connector?

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The blue connector is for the CD changer. You're not going to find an aftermarket receiver that can control the factory CD changer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts