NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to a state requiring a front license plate. The dealer said it would cost $70 for them to install. I have the holder and installed it but it fell off and will not go back on properly. Hints, suggestions, help?!?

·
Twizzler
447 Posts
That price sounds right, they really try to screw you on this one. The license plate black plastic mounting plate is only four bucks I don't know here the other $66 goes??? You may not beleive this but I used drywall plugs, ones that jammed right into the plastic plate and bumper then just put the screws in and expanded them, that was two years ago, no problems and very cheap to do. You could use the metal drywall anchors as well but be careful not to overtighten or else you may weaken the bumper material at that spot.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just tried that and failed miserably -- there's not much room in there to expand the screws, so even with a small plug you're finished before you start. Got any tips? I'm thinking of going to the stealership for the part but I'm not optimistic that they'll have one.:(

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts