NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install Rain-X Latitude wipers on their Beetle? I just bought a pair of Rain-X wipers for my 2006 Beetle and I can't see how you can install them.

If anyone has had any success installing them, I'd be interested in how they were able to do that.

What is puzzling me is that the wipers come with a standard J-Hook adapter installed. Well the standard J-Hook adapter is too small as the adapter is for a 9x3 J-hook. The Beetle has a larger 9x4 J-Hook, so the wiper comes with a universal adapter. You remove the standard adapter and replace it with the universal adapter. Okay, so I did that, but there in no way to attach the car's J-Hook arm to the universal adapter.

Has anyone run into this?

I wrote to Rain-X but I haven't heard anything so I thought I'd try here to see if someone here has had this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I installed a pair on the 02 and don't remember any issues. Pulled them out of the package and that's it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
950 Posts
Has anyone tried to install Rain-X Latitude wipers on their Beetle? I just bought a pair of Rain-X wipers for my 2006 Beetle and I can't see how you can install them.

If anyone has had any success installing them, I'd be interested in how they were able to do that.

What is puzzling me is that the wipers come with a standard J-Hook adapter installed. Well the standard J-Hook adapter is too small as the adapter is for a 9x3 J-hook. The Beetle has a larger 9x4 J-Hook, so the wiper comes with a universal adapter. You remove the standard adapter and replace it with the universal adapter. Okay, so I did that, but there in no way to attach the car's J-Hook arm to the universal adapter.

Has anyone run into this?

I wrote to Rain-X but I haven't heard anything so I thought I'd try here to see if someone here has had this problem.
I just put some on a few weeks ago, you might be doing what I did the first time and have tried to put the wipers on backwards (because it sort of looks the right way).

The correct way is that the two tabs on the side are at the loop on the J hook. I think you can slide them in backwards and they flop around.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Both of my beetles have rainx wipers, i took off the small adapter, then put on the bigger adapter using the center hole. Make sure the little tabs at the top of the adapter lock over the arm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to talk to someone at Rain-X and they helped me get the wipers on my car. It seems that the instructions weren't all that clear, and what I needed to do was to remove the small adapter insert and replace it with a larger insert. The instructions weren't clear on this, which is why I had so much trouble getting the wipers to fit on my wiper arms.

All is good now. Thanks everyone for responding to my initial post....I do appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts