VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 vw alh 130k instrument cluster gauges have started working twice but now they dont agian cruise control works the injector pump is leaking from top seal have one ordered no gas gauge no tack no speed but all the other lights work in the cluster automatic trans shifts great

·
Registered
999 Posts
There are people that fix clusters, or you can find a used one eBay or elsewhere. A diesel cluster will not work with a gasser an auto cluster will not work with a manual. So make sure you get the right one. Make sure the part number is the same.

If you get a new one you’ll have to have an immo delete done with your ecu, again there are folks that do that sort of thing. The good news is the cluster is very easy to change, takes about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are people that fix clusters, or you can find a used one eBay or elsewhere. A diesel cluster will not work with a gasser an auto cluster will not work with a manual. So make sure you get the right one. Make sure the part number is the same.

If you get a new one you’ll have to have an immo delete done with your ecu, again there are folks that do that sort of thing. The good news is the cluster is very easy to change, takes about 5 minutes.
So you think it is in the cluster its self no way it is the speed sensor which the cruise control working

·
Registered
999 Posts
I broke the speed sensor on my daughters beetle a couple of months ago when I put a new clutch in her car. If I recall correctly the speedometer was the only thing not working. Prior to that when she first bought the car two years ago the speedometer, tach, and a couple of other things didn’t work. We put a new cluster in with an immo delete and it’s been good for 60k miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know almost nothing about wiring or electric work, so I may not understand terms used to describe something. Like I said, I'm not very smart in this subject (electrical), but I'm very excited and willing to learn as much as I can 9Apps Showbox .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts