NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
IMI
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.0 NB, Middle east Edition - The Cluster is not the MPH, but KMS cluster, According to my mechanic my cluster is faulty, and is responsible for shutting down my engine, when a error shows up. I have noticed my cluster fluctuating some times with warning lights Bright & Low during start up and also at times the odo gauge going up a full 220kms at ignition and coming back. But this happens occasionally. When the car runs with out any issues it runs perfectly fine. However i still suspect some loose terminal connections. Either ways i am getting tired.

Out of curiosity, if ever i would need a cluster, would it be available? Would i able to ship it to Doha-Qatar? How much would it cost. I am worried, I love the Bug, but i am beginning to hate these silly issues that keep coming up. Also would a MPH Cluster work on a KMS Gauge, i see both the readings on the cluster. Any tips & Suggestions will be super appreciated.

Many Thanks
IMI

·
Registered
512 Posts
The warning lights bright/low during start up and fluctuating needle both indicate that the voltage supply is not stable. You probably have a loose connection on battery or bad battery/alternator. The instrument cluster is not responsible for that. Your mechanic is telling you something wrong. Check your charging voltage with a multimeter and it will show you what's the problem. Your instrument cluster is probably not bad.

It's not difficult to find a used instrument cluster here in US. I don't know the situation in Qatar but if you search on ebay you might be able to find some sellers shipping to other countries just cost a lot on shipping.

I have a 2.0 NB, Middle east Edition - The Cluster is not the MPH, but KMS cluster, According to my mechanic my cluster is faulty, and is responsible for shutting down my engine, when a error shows up. I have noticed my cluster fluctuating some times with warning lights Bright & Low during start up and also at times the odo gauge going up a full 220kms at ignition and coming back. But this happens occasionally. When the car runs with out any issues it runs perfectly fine. However i still suspect some loose terminal connections. Either ways i am getting tired.

Out of curiosity, if ever i would need a cluster, would it be available? Would i able to ship it to Doha-Qatar? How much would it cost. I am worried, I love the Bug, but i am beginning to hate these silly issues that keep coming up. Also would a MPH Cluster work on a KMS Gauge, i see both the readings on the cluster. Any tips & Suggestions will be super appreciated.

Many Thanks
IMI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts