NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have a bad lcd screen for my 2005 2.0l auto not displaying kilometers recorded, shows gears though, my cluster code is 1c920035tx. Can anyone tell me if i can only replace with this exact code or will others work

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
You should always, replace parts with "same for same"; to ensure compatibility with the car. Your repair or replace direction is something to think about; you could ship out your old cluster for repair and then, you would not have to do any programming/soft coding, to get the cluster to work with your car, do the key matching process or figure out, how to transfer the old odometer reading to the new/used cluster.

If you are willing to do some work yourself; you could get a similar cluster and swap out the LCD panel, from a good used cluster and end up fixing yours. Otherwise, you could ship it out; to a repair service like BBAREMAN or "cluster by Litke" on Facebook, then there are many others who repair speedo clusters and they could do it for you. These speedo clusters are known; for having various aspects of the speedo fail and so, it maybe worth it to have yours rebuilt, then some places like BBAREMAN, offer a lifetime warranty on the speedo repairs and so you would never, have to worry about it again, if something else failed, you could have it repaired for free and be back to a functional speedo again.

Many people, do not think, about the added costs involved; in swapping out the malfunctioning speedo cluster, as you have to do programming/soft coding, to adapt it to your particular car and key matching is required; to get it to work with your car and immobilizer, (much less the odometer reading; would need to be swapped over as well). This is why: the repair route, ends up being much more cost effective and less hassle, in the long run. Remove, ship out for repair or repair it yourself; then, reinstall, plug/play job/repair done.

Let us know: what you are thinking about the speedo problem and how you want to proceed, (diy repairs, ship out for warranted repair service or replacement with needed programming/coding involved, etc). We can go from there. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts